There’s never been a better time to become an Elderplan member. And we’ve made it easier than ever to enroll!
To enroll in one of Elderplan’s 2013 Medicare Advantage plans, see below.
STEP 1: Determine if you are eligible
- Are you entitled to Medicare Parts A and B?
- Do you live in Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Manhattan, the Bronx, Westchester, Nassau or Monroe at least six months out of the year?
- Additional eligibility criteria apply for Special Needs Plans (SNP) – see Summary of Benefits for details.
If you answered YES to these questions and do not have end-stage renal disease (ESRD), you are eligible to enroll with Elderplan. It’s easy to become a member, and we have three convenient ways for you to enroll! If you’re not sure about one of these questions, you can contact us, and one of our enrollment counselors will be happy to help.
STEP 2: Review the pre-enrollment materials
Pre Enrollment Cover Letter
Pre Enrollment Instructions Kit
Medicare Savings Guide
Part C and D Star Rating
New York Advanced Directive
Information on Appeals and Grievances
Notice of Privacy Practices/ Aviso Sobre Prácticas de Privacidad
Multi-Language Interpreter Services
Plan materials are available in alternative formats or languages. Please call Elderplan Member Services Department at 1-800-353-3765 (TTY 1-800-662-1220), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
Summary of Benefits
Elderplan Classic Zero Premium (HMO) English/Spanish
Elderplan for Medicaid Beneficiaries (HMO SNP)* English/Spanish
Elderplan Extra Help (HMO) English/Spanish
Elderplan Plus Long-Term Care (HMO SNP)** English/Spanish
Elderplan Medicaid Advantage (HMO SNP)** English/Spanish
Elderplan Advantage for Nursing Home Residents (HMO SNP)*** English/Spanish
STEP 3: Join the Elderplan family
Elderplan tries to fit your lifestyle, so you can choose to enroll one of these ways:
- On our website. Just click this enroll now link, and you can join today.
- Over the phone with an enrollment counselor. If you don’t have much time or just prefer to talk on the phone, one of our benefits advisors will be happy to assist in your enrollment. Just call 1-866-360-1934 (TTY for the hearing impaired 1-800-662-1220), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Enroll by mail. Simply download our enrollment form/formulario de inscripción.
- During a free appointment with a benefits advisor, who is a licensed sales agent, you can discuss any questions or concerns that you have. And the appointment is at no obligation to you. All you have to do is call 1-866-360-1934 (TTY for the hearing impaired 1-800-662-1220), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week. To make an appointment now click here (make an appointment).
- Fill out the enrollment form, selecting the plan in which you would like to enroll. Please remember to choose only ONE plan.
- Review the form, making sure it is complete and that you have read the whole application, paying special attention to everything in the “Important Information” sections of the form.
- Sign and date the complete enrollment application, and mail it to us at: Elderplan, Attention: Enrollment Department, 6323 7th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11220. If you have any questions, please call Elderplan’s Customer Service Department at 1-800-353-3765 (TTY 1-800-662-1220 for the hearing impaired), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- If you have any questions, please call Elderplan’s Customer Service Department at 1-800-353-3765 (TTY 1-800-662-1220 for the hearing impaired), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
Elderplan renews its contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) annually. Benefits beyond the current contract year are not guaranteed.
Are you confused about when you can enroll in a plan? Many people are confused about when they can join a Medicare health plan and when their coverage will begin.
One way to find out your enrollment period is to visit Medicare.gov. Or, an easier way is to call Elderplan today at 1-866-360-1934 (TTY 1-800-662-1220) 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week, and speak with a benefits advisor.
Medicare beneficiaries may enroll in Elderplan plans through the CMS Medicare online enrollment center located at www.medicare.gov.
To enroll in Medicaid Long-Term Care plan, HomeFirst, click here.
* A Coordinated Care plan with a Medicare Advantage contract, but without a contract with the NY State Medicaid program.
** A Coordinated Care plan with a Medicare Advantage contract and a contract with the NY State Medicaid program.
*** A Coordinated Care plan with a Medicare Advantage contract.